• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i rear ended someone but its their fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spawn_x

What is the name of your state? CA

i was driving on the freeway at about 65mph and keeping about 20 foot distance between me and the car in front of me.

he suddenly braked and i rammed her in the back (driver was a female).

police came and gave me a ticket for following too closely and said the accident is my fault. they said at 65 mph i should be keeping distance of about 6 cars. but come on, who does that?

so how can i fight this?

i was thinking of hiring a lawyer and saying that she backed up into me, do you think that would work? :confused:

please help, i'm a dumb college student with no money. oh and i have no insurance.

D

dshukis

You rear ended them. I believe that's it's your fault no matter what. Just deal with it.

HomeGuru

spawn_x said:
What is the name of your state? CA

i was driving on the freeway at about 65mph and keeping about 20 foot distance between me and the car in front of me.

he suddenly braked and i rammed her in the back (driver was a female).

police came and gave me a ticket for following too closely and said the accident is my fault. they said at 65 mph i should be keeping distance of about 6 cars. but come on, who does that?

so how can i fight this?

i was thinking of hiring a lawyer and saying that she backed up into me, do you think that would work? :confused:

please help, i'm a dumb college student with no money. oh and i have no insurance.
**A: we have enough real threads like this we do not need any fake ones.

smorr

65 MPH and only 20 feet behind the girl in front of you????!!! My livingroom's 20 feet long!

The highway patrolman that cited you was absolutely correct! You were too close, WAY too close. I'm surprised you didn't kill her!

You're right, you are dumb if you think anyone would buy that she backed up while doing nearly 65 MPH herself - and miraculously not dropped her transmission on the freeway doing it.....oh, sure - that's believable. And you have no insurance - - but you want to sue her - - please!

And you're in college?!!

-------------------------

(Wrecked 'im - he nearly killed 'im!!!)

spawn_x

Re: Re: i rear ended someone but its their fault

HomeGuru said:
**A: we have enough real threads like this we do not need any fake ones.
Yeah. I just thought I'd bring some humor onto the board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">