• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I rearended someone, neither of us were insured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smileyjen

I live in Alabama, and Last week I rearended someone. Neither of us had insurance, and no police report was filed. I gave the lady my phone # and she called and said she had estimates for her damages and it was $2200. I want to make things right, however, I am recently separated from my husband and short on cash, and can't put my hands on that kind of money. I applied for a personal loan at the bank and was turned down. Meanwhile, she understandably wants her money. I don't want to be sued and I asked her if I could set up some kind of payment schedule to pay it off in 6 months and she seemed like she didn't like that idea. What do I need to do next? Please help. Finally thought I was getting my life together and now this. Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

smileyjen said:
What do I need to do next? Please help.
My response:

Hmmm, let me see . . .

Can't get a loan, no friends have that kind of money, nothing in your bank account, haven't won the lottery, hmmm, let me see . . .

1. Get a job.

2. Get a better job.

3. Have a garage sale.

4. Start hooking on all streets that have "Peach" in it's name.

5. Masquerade as a street begger.

6. Sell your eternal Soul to the Devil himself.

7. Apply to "Who Wants to Be a Millionnaire" (see Regis).

8. Rob a bank.

9. Rob Peter to pay Paul.

10. Tell your ex that you're pregnant. Child Support !!

11. Embezzel from your boss.

12. Write the old bat a rubber check. That'll teach her to drive in front of you !

13. Playboy Magazine photo shoot !!

14. Slip out of town in the middle of the night.

15. Deny, deny, deny !

16. Offer to repair her car yourself.

17. Wake up from your nightmare.

18. Sell the Brooklyn Bridge. You're bound to find a buyer.

19. Sell some blood at the Red Cross blood bank center.

20. Learn "Three-Card Monte" and start ripping people off.

Just to name a few. All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 04-16-2001 at 12:30 AM]

Z

Z__3

Little too much coffee IAAL?

Would it not have been easier to just tell her to let the Lady sue? This would possibly give her time to raise the $.

Or maybe not post at all?

IAAL may want to review the Free Advice Forum rules. Particularly those about abusive, hateful and sexually oriented posts (the "hooker" comment).

And........your disclaimer states that your opinions "are designed to provide educational information". I guess I missed that part in your post.

Have a good day!

Z__3

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Oh, take a "humor pill".

Geez !

You know, when nothing but adversity is facing us, practically the only thing we have left is to be able to laugh at it.

Hopefully, our writer may have gotten a chuckle or two from my post, because there's nothing left for her to do.

I'm sorry you have no smiles left. Perhaps, when you get your door puttied on your Z-3, you'll laugh your guts out like I am.

IAAL

Z

Z__3

Humor? Leave that to comedians!

Let's see......you've been on the board since JAN 00 and 8397 posts. Yea, I'd say you have a real life.

The girl was looking for help, not B.S.

BTW oh great one with minimal knowledge....why no response to my post? Didn't think you could B.S. your way past me?

FYI, door will be replaced at their expense. Thanks for nothing.

That's all for me. Go ahead, you take the last shot.

Z__3

[Edited by Z__3 on 04-17-2001 at 09:42 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">