• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I say replace...they say repair!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Z__3

Alabama. Offender hit my BMW Z3 and their ins. co. has accepted liability. They want to repair my door and replace the quarter panel, tire and wheel. I want the door replaced. Repair may be possible (marginal call) but I will not be satisfied knowing a few pounds of bondo rests behind the paint. Difference is $370. Not just a scratch; serious damage to door.

Should I: a. deal with my ins.co. or theirs?
b. eat the difference to have the piece of mind?
c. eat the difference and attempt to claim (from who? offender or ins.co.)in small claims court if possible?

Do I have the right to demand the door be replaced?

Their ins. co. also stated that if I didn't take a rental car, they could come up with another $200 towards getting the door replaced. Acting in good faith here?

Any chance at a "Diminished Value" claim and can I go after their ins. co. for it if I have mine repair the car? T.Y.

Thanks. Great site

[Edited by Z__3 on 04-14-2001 at 12:04 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">