• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

~I thought he motioned me through...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HeyJude7

~Massachusetts~

~Afternoon, pouring rain, I was attempting to get from a lot to street directly across 2 lane street. Vehicles to my left allowed me to go halfway. I stopped, saw a vehicle on my right with the left arm of the driver extended out the open window. His hand moved, I interpreted it to be a motion to proceed.

I headed across, realized the other vehicle had sped up and was swerving to the right side. He hit my SUV on the area just behind the rear wheel well and before the back bumper. dead on, with the driver's side corner of his SUV. I was spun around to the left and came to rest across the street I was trying to get to.

He was screaming, saying he did NOT flag me across but had a cigarette in his hand. ( Fully extended? Out in the rain? ) It appears he got angry, thinking I was trying to cut him off so he sped up and tried to get around in front of me. He smelled of marijuana and his eyes were bleary. (No proof, though. ) I am trying to locate witnesses with no luck so far.

Now, because he had the "Right of Way", I am considered more than 50% at fault. How unfair is that? How do I get this straightened out? I have never had an accident in my life and I am 49 years old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">