• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I will not drive without car insurance.x100

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

Uninsured

What is the name of your state? California
I was driving with no insurance and hit a vehicle making a left hand turn. A woman was driving at the time of the accident. Her husband was on the sidewalk(waiting to be picked up, I guess). I told them i had no insurance, He told me they did. There was no police report made, but we did exchange information. His name was the only name on the insurance card. I was driving a 1965 Chevy El Camino which I estimate to have about $5 - $7 damage. They were driving an early to mid 80's Chevy Astro Van that had probably more damage than the car is worth, I'd say about $1,500 - $3,000. I recently received a claim from his insurer
asking for my information and my side of the story. I am unsure on how to proceed with the situation. I was told they are 100% at fault for failure to yield. Is this true? If so, am I entitled to compensation for the damages to my car? How can I prove it with no police report or witnessess? What about my uninsured status? Am I automatically at fault for being uninsured? What should I be aware of being that I had no insurance?????? PLEASE HELP!!!
Any and all information will be greatly appreciated and I promise not to drive without car insurance again!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">