• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL/Lawrat/ TX Workers Comp ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LadyBlu

I am curious about an issue that was brought to my attn by the ombudsman in my case on monday at the CCH. She said that if it goes to the judiciary level, which, after the news I recieved today I dont believe it will, but if it should, and I have to retain an Atty to represent me I would be needing the services of Legal Aide which is fine.

She told me that once we start this procedure which was done monday, an Atty is brought in, he/she cannot bring in any new evidence then what has already been brought up by the ombudsman or myself at the lower administrative levels.

So my question is.. do you have any suggestions regarding evidence that I should make sure is there prior to it being taken to the Judiciary level so that if I should have to get an Atty to represent me that he/she is able to do the best that they can?

I have three Dr's opinions directly linking this injury/pain to the original injury five years ago.

I have submitted research regarding the diagnosis and treatment for Strained Back and Disk Herniations.

I have submitted research regarding the cause of pain from Degenerative Disk disease and evidence that a person can live with DDD for many years without knowing it or having pain from it, but when an injury occurs to the back it accelerates the disease.

I have submitted my original Dr reports where I was complaining of the tingling and shock waves of pain down my left leg, which is a sign of disk herniation.

Any other evidence that you can suggest I should add to this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

As a contributor yourself, what is the most common response we give to people?

Oh, I don't know, let me see, hummm . . .

Get a free consultation!! Get your ducks lined up now, and with someone who knows WC law in Texas. Then, should the crap hit the fan, you'll be ready to bring your attorney on board and, on a "contingency fee" agreement.

IAAL

L

LadyBlu

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Get a free consultation!! Get your ducks lined up now, and with someone who knows WC law in Texas. Then, should the crap hit the fan, you'll be ready to bring your attorney on board and, on a "contingency fee" agreement.

IAAL
IAAL, I have tried that... no Atty will see me because they do a phone interview first and when they find that my case is 5yrs old, they wont even be able to represent me because of the way the laws are set up.. they wont give me the *free consultation*.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LadyBlu said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
IAAL, I have tried that... no Atty will see me because they do a phone interview first and when they find that my case is 5yrs old, they wont even be able to represent me because of the way the laws are set up.. they wont give me the *free consultation*.
My response:

Bummer.

Have all of your medicals been summarized? If not, you really need to have this done by a Nurse transcriber. I can imagine you slamming 800 pages of medical chart notes, reports, and other documents on the WC Judge's desk, and saying, "Okay, your Honor, have at it!!"

That's all that I can think of from a procedural standpoint.

IAAL

L

LadyBlu

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
LadyBlu said:
I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

IAAL
My response:

Bummer.

Have all of your medicals been summarized? If not, you really need to have this done by a Nurse transcriber. I can imagine you slamming 800 pages of medical chart notes, reports, and other documents on the WC Judge's desk, and saying, "Okay, your Honor, have at it!!"

That's all that I can think of from a procedural standpoint.

IAAL
I have the medicals summarized, so that part is covered.. I dont think it will actually go that far because the Carriers Attorney is now pulling for me by recommending they allow the claim based on the Dr Designates report (which the carrier requested). But you never know and I like to try to be prepared for the worst..
Thanks for the help..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">