• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IAAL...no insurance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KCMR

IAAL...what to do with a no insurance imbecile

What is the name of your state? PA.
IAAL I see that a few posts down a woman was hit my an uninsured motorist. You recommended she take the woman to small claims court.
Lastnight, my husband was in an accident where a 22 yr old broad-sided my husbands friends passenger side of his car. (the guy ran a red light) My husband was the passenger.
My husband is in the hospital with back and neck injuries.

A. Who's insurance do we use?
B. Small claims court is not going to be an option; I think it's going to be more than that.
The kid that hit him has no insurance. My husband has been injured. Does he need to go under his friends insurance? and how can we go after this "stoner"?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: IAAL...what to do with a no insurance imbecile

Aricci said:
What is the name of your state? PA.
IAAL I see that a few posts down a woman was hit my an uninsured motorist. You recommended she take the woman to small claims court.
Lastnight, my husband was in an accident where a 22 yr old broad-sided my husbands friends passenger side of his car. (the guy ran a red light) My husband was the passenger.
My husband is in the hospital with back and neck injuries.

A. Who's insurance do we use?
B. Small claims court is not going to be an option; I think it's going to be more than that.
The kid that hit him has no insurance. My husband has been injured. Does he need to go under his friends insurance? and how can we go after this "stoner"?

My response:

Assuming your husband's friend, the driver, has absolutely no comparative negligence for the cause of the accident, then your husband has three choices:

1. Make the claim through his friend's insurance, or better,

2. Make the claim through your husband's insurance, or better,

3. Contact a personal injury attorney immediately.

IAAL

K

KCMR

Re: Re: IAAL...what to do with a no insurance imbecile

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Assuming your husband's friend, the driver, has absolutely no comparative negligence for the cause of the accident, then your husband has three choices:

1. Make the claim through his friend's insurance, or better,

2. Make the claim through your husband's insurance, or better,

3. Contact a personal injury attorney immediately.

IAAL
We did exactly that. My husbands friend honestly did absolutely nothing wrong. His light was solid green and was going 20mph. The scumbag was going probably close to 40-45mph (what he told the police officer) and his light was solid red. Fortunately my husbands friend also hit the car to his left. The passenger and driver in that car happen to be an EMT and a police officer. So they will be great witnesses, and were a big help at the scene.

We basically followed #2 & #3 of your advice. We received a claim # through our insurance co. which the hospital is using. I also called our personal attorney. Apparently according to him what will happen is we will sue our insurance company(uninsured motorist coverage) they will in turn, sue My husbands friends insurance, and they will in turn sue/ prosecute the guy?????

The good news is my husband is out of the hospital today. He is walking (with a cane --but walking) He has herniated discs a sprained ankle--and severe(?) muscle spasms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">