• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If my old insurance policy will cover any damage when I drive the car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Aurore K

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I sold my car to my sister but did not cancel my old insurance policy. If my old insurance policy will cover any damage when I still drive the car which I sold to my sister? Thanks. My sister has not listed my name in her poicy.

stephenk

Huh? Cancel your policy since you don't own the car anymore. When you drive your sister's car you will be covered on her policy as a permissive user of the vehicle. Do you live with your sister?

teflon_jones

I'm really confused why you would maintain insurance on a vehicle you don't own. I'm surprised your sister was able to get another insurance policy for the vehicle. Normally a second policy won't be issued for the same vehicle anyway. But if she purchased it recently, she may get something in the mail soon saying that her insurance policy has been cancelled since there was already an active policy in effect. Or you may get a letter cancelling your policy. Or both. You're treading on dangerous ground here...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">