• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IL - Both backing up - who's at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andya729

Illinois: My wife was backing up when someone else backing up from the opposite side of the parking aisle backed into her rear quarter panel. The damage to our vehicle is much greater since it was into the quarter panel and theirs was just the corner of their rear bumper.

To me, it looks as though her car was in that position first and he backed his car into her quarter panel (she wouldn't have been able to move the car sideways into him).

Is this too hard to prove or is worth trying to argue?

Shay-Pari'e

Illinois: My wife was backing up when someone else backing up from the opposite side of the parking aisle backed into her rear quarter panel. The damage to our vehicle is much greater since it was into the quarter panel and theirs was just the corner of their rear bumper.

To me, it looks as though her car was in that position first and he backed his car into her quarter panel (she wouldn't have been able to move the car sideways into him).

Is this too hard to prove or is worth trying to argue?

You need to be asking these questions to your insurance company who is familiar with IL stautes and laws regarding accidents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">