• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mconsuelou

What is the name of your state?Florida.I was involved in an accident in October.I was hit from the back and the person that hit me ran away.after an hour she came with the sheriff. she called the police from a fire station.She said she called from a public phone.After that he gave me a ticket saying that I pull over against her car.I have gone to court because he told me I could appeal so they can do something If I thought it wasnt' my fault.It has been 4 months and I still haven't got a date so I can appear to court.Not only that but I also went 2 months ago so I can check up on that and the court people told me that the police report was not in yet.another thing is does it matter how many cops go to an accident?I mean there was only 1 sheriff in my accident and my car was all ruined hers was too.and only 1 cop came.they were also being raicist against my mother and Myself.We are hispanic and since my mother doesn't speak english they were telling her she is suppose to learn english before she talks to one of them.He was laughing and making jokes with her.I'm 18 and I don't really know what to do? Does court take this long? can I do something to make the process any faster? can I still go to a driver school to get the 4 points out of my license or not?Thank you

MeredithBC

You need help

I am also located in FLorida. I wouild suggest that you keep track of al the people that you have talked to. I would then contact an attorney to discuss this further. You should not have to worry about cost since most initial consultations are no cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">