• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal corporate dump

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Belle

I have been dealing with a very larger corporation & its illegal dump for a number of years. I have pulled their unknown substance out of my child's mouth; I have no idea what it was nor could I have told the hospital had he had ingested. I proceeded through what I thought to be appropriate channels to resolve this matter. I brought in two inspectors from the Virginia DEQ. I have these men on video stating the thousands of dollars that would be involved in cleaning this mess up. This story changed when it became public knowledge; their boss denied that all was done appropriately and that the corporation cleaned the problem up and presented a reciept to the DEQ for $250. I have reason to believe that most of this is buried on the premises. Due to the tax revenues this corpoation generates
they were not fined or any of the original proposed tests performed. I fear alot of this is headed for my water supply. They are currently negotiating to buy a large parcel on the other side of my property; I will now be surrounded by them.

My questions are: 1. Do I have any legal recourse against
this corporation or the DEQ.

2. Is their any legal grounds for me to delay/prevent the sell of this property to this corporation?

Addendum: As noted in the response I do have proof. Photos of pesticide drums that are rusting away and leaking out their contents. Petroleum drums on their sides and the security using them for target practice. The barrels are riddled full of bullet holes and leaking their contents out. The DEQ referred to these as $10,000 & $5,000 barrels.
An embankment being used for target practice; according to DEQ this is illegal due to lead content. Hyrochloric acid containers, freon, antifreeze etc. This facilty was also gated and locked to eliminate public access.

[Edited by belle on 11-19-2000 at 03:09 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">