• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegal repossesion by bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindy1948

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My car was illegally repossessed by U. S. Bank. I do not have a loan on my car at U.S. bank nor do they have title. I have never been a customer with U. S. Bank. My car was financed by firstar bank and then I filed Bankrupty and I got a new loan from Porter Bank in Poter Indiana, they paid off my loan with Firstar in 2001.
In October 2003, U. S. Bank repoed my car and I did not get it back for five days. U.S. Bank bought out firstar and some how or other their computer made a mistake and they thought I never paid for my car. What a nightmare that was. Now what can I do and what damages am I entilted to from U.S. Bank? Any help would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindy1948 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

My car was illegally repossessed by U. S. Bank. I do not have a loan on my car at U.S. bank nor do they have title. I have never been a customer with U. S. Bank. My car was financed by firstar bank and then I filed Bankrupty and I got a new loan from Porter Bank in Poter Indiana, they paid off my loan with Firstar in 2001.
In October 2003, U. S. Bank repoed my car and I did not get it back for five days. U.S. Bank bought out firstar and some how or other their computer made a mistake and they thought I never paid for my car. What a nightmare that was. Now what can I do and what damages am I entilted to from U.S. Bank? Any help would be appreciated.

My response:

What you may be "entitled to", and whether you know how to exercise your rights on your own to "get" what you're entitled to, are two different matters. Do you know how to practice law?

IAAL

C

cindy1948

No I do not practice law, I believe I may be entiltled to compensatory damages, as well as punative damages. According to the due process law of the 14th amendment? They did something to me that resulted in a lot of grief and embarrasment.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindy1948 said:
No I do not practice law, I believe I may be entiltled to compensatory damages, as well as punative damages. According to the due process law of the 14th amendment? They did something to me that resulted in a lot of grief and embarrasment.

My response:

Yes, you're right - - right along with a cause of action for "Conversion". So, now what are you going to do with all of this information? In other words, for 5 days of inconvenience, do you have a boatload of money to pay an attorney?

We don't take on cases like yours for free, you know.

IAAL

C

cindy1948

No I do not have a boat load of money to pay an attorney, I wish I did. I am not trying to be rude here, I am only asking for some advice and the best way to handle something like this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindy1948 said:
No I do not have a boat load of money to pay an attorney, I wish I did. I am not trying to be rude here, I am only asking for some advice and the best way to handle something like this.

My response:

And I'm not trying to be rude either. But, like I had thought earlier, you don't have the money to exercise your rights; that is, you don't have the money for an attorney.

These causes of action are well beyond the knowledge of the average lay-person. So, you're not going to be able to do anything on your own unless you decide to go to law school.

So, chin up, and forget about it. It's beyond your knowledge and your financial means.

IAAL

C

cindy1948

Well that is pretty crappy advise. I must say. What the heck is this free forum all about anyway. Good day to you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindy1948 said:
Well that is pretty crappy advise. I must say. What the heck is this free forum all about anyway. Good day to you.

My response:

What would it matter?

You can't afford to do anything about it anyway, and this isn't an "Oprah" forum for you to vent. So, what would be the purpose in continuing this discussion? You can't do anything for yourself with the information, so it would be a "back and forth" waste of time.

You received the best "advice" for your situation, considering your inability to afford an attorney.

IAAL

C

cindy1948

I did not say I did not have money for an attorney, I said I don't have a boat load of money.

C

cindy1948

Thank you so much for your wonderful response, I hope your life continues to be filled with the same sunshine, that you generate to others.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cindy1948 said:
Thank you so much for your wonderful response, I hope your life continues to be filled with the same sunshine, that you generate to others.

My response:

Thank you.

Now, go pay a local attorney to handle your matter - - and bring that boat with you!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">