• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illness on cruise ship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tara zinn

What is the name of your state? OK
My husband and I left on a 7 day cruise with Royal Caribbean out of New Orleans. On the 2nd day of the cruise, about 4-5 hours after eating breakfast from a breakfast buffet, my husband became ill and began vomiting. He couldn't keep anything down, and after 24 hours, we went to the ship doctor. My husband is 27, has diabetes, but has never had any medical problems prior to this event. We receive inadequate care from the ship doctor for two and a half days, and we are then forced by the cruise line to leave the ship at Key West to seek medical treatment there. Doctor in Key West says it was very likely the entire event was caused by food poisoning, but that it is hard to tell the difference between food poisoning and a stomach bug.
We now owe thousands of dollars of medical bills to the ship doctor, not to mention the doctor in Key West. If this was a case of food poisoning, is there any legal action we should pursue with the cruise line?

stephenk

do you have any information that others on board the ship also became ill after eating the buffet or dinner the night before?

T

tara zinn

I don't know if anyone else got sick or not. I don't know if there is any way to find out at this point, either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">