• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not sure of what's going on?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KatherineAnn73

(N.Y)On Oct.16th, I was involved in an accident. I was driving east bound doing about 20 mph( on a 30 mph road)it had been raining for 15 minutes or so. As I approached the intersection(@ about 20 feet from the light)the driver in the west bound lane desided he didn't want to wait for me to pass him(i was going straight)so he made a left turn. Well, he made it half way though the turn. As soon as I saw he was moving I slammed on my brakes & began to slide. God only knows why but, the gentlemen paused in the middle of the intersection. I couldn't stop & we hit! It was my front passenager side & the middle of the passenager of the man's truck. (Seems when we hit his truck hit another car that was going north bound @ the intersection.)My car & I bounced off of the truck & I was spun in a 360' turn. I was stuck in the car I wasn't able to get my seat belt off & i couldn't breath from the air bags. Their were 2 man (both in a car that were heading south bound)they got me out of my car got medical/cops. I am hurt & so was the passenager of the truck. Anyway, I came to find out the driver of the truck doesn't have insurance,or a license,the car belonged to someone else. He was on the job working for a contractor who came to the accident * got his tools out of the truck, bec the cops were impounding it. This man admitted he was wrong on the * I turned to my employers who are atty's & went to the atty's they said too. Now, I come to be told that # 1. I have recieved 2 disability chks & for my b-day last week I was mailed a letter from my said boss stating I no longer had a job, bec' I'm on workman's comp?????
# 2. Then I find out my said boss never mailed my ins.comp the no-fault papers & they needed to be turned in w/in 30days of the accident. (MY ATTY WON'T TELL ME WHERE THIS IS ALL GOING)
# 3. The Atty won't say if the car was insuranced to someone else, or just owned by some one else.
# 4. The ins.company keeps making up stories & my car is still @ the auto body guy bec' he hasn't been paid. The ins. ends on 12-20-00 & i don't have any $$,I can't get to the plates,now i've got to move for the 2 time since all of this bec' I'm becoming a burden on all. I have 2 buldging disc in my neck, 3 buldging disc in my lumbar area & my right knee in a brace to hold my knee cap in place do to torn ligaments. ........Does anyone have any advise of how to get my atty to understand I'm scared???? My atty just says well we called your ins.comp & we haven't heard back. Today the autobody guy came to the house wanting to be paid,& my ins.comp won't speak to me... Plus I don't have a job,no-medical,no $$$, & now no no-fault to cover my salary bec' my atty never followed thur w/ my boss. Also, no job means no disability too right???????? I owe $$$ out everywhere for the past 2 months on top of the fact I'm getting married in a year 12-23-01 all of these people were getting monthly payments. The loan company wants to come get my car * no $$$ *.. My said soon to be husband now is looking in different directions he's not sure he wants to marry me. I can't do anything on my own bec' of my knee & back. We fight bec' of the $$, & then no response from the atty means there is no info to tell him. I'm sure he's fustrated all the way around we were a very close loving couple & now he won't come near me bec' I'm always in pain,& if I take the pain killers I dose right off....... HELP! ADVISE! I'M LOSING EVERYTHING I WORKED SO HARD FOR .....................

C

Carefull Driver

IMHO I would call one of those ambulance chaser attornys who advertise on TV. They usually advertise that they don't charge you unless you win. If your lawyer won't listen to you, find one who will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">