• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm Turning Right... Other Car Turning Left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kreetle

What is the name of your state? TX

I was turning right at an intersection with no stop sign. There was a line of cars in the opposite lane after i turned where they were stopped because of a stop sign. The third or fourth car in the line looked impatient and began to make a U-TURN or turn into a side road that was right before the lane I was turning from. I hit the brakes as soon as I saw the car begin to turn and came to a stop. The car continued to turn and the middle of the other car's bumper hit my front left headlight.

At the time of the accident, the other driver did not have their insurance with them and we did not call the police. The other driver admitted they were at fault and we exchanged numbers. The other driver's father is now saying that the other driver said I was at fault.

I'm wondering what my actions should be at the moment.

The accident is a bit hard to describe so I tried to do a diagram. I am car #1.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=513212

JustAPal00

Call your insurance company and report it. From your drawing, it appears that he was at fault. Were there any witnesses? Do you have their names?

jake1225

do you have the other persons info?
tag number or any thing
call your insurance company and if you have any of there info give it to your insurance company

kreetle

I have phone number and license plate number. The driver did not have the insurance information at the time. The father did not give it to me when I spoke with him and he wants to meet at the site of the accident.

moburkes

You can go to the police station and file a report. They will do some minimal investigation to at least determine the name of the vehicle owner, his address, etc. If you have collision coverage on your policy, you can also report the claim to your insurance company who will also be able to do some investigating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">