• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper Turn Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbowle@verizon.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My 17 year old son was involved in an accident this evening where it appears he made an improper turn. Apparently he was turning into the right lane, turned on his signal, checked his mirrors and began to turn into the lane when he was struck by another vehicle. By all accounts it seems as though his is at fault although he never claimed fault and only gave his account of what happened. I am assuming this vehicle was either going pretty fast or was in his blind spot. A record of collision was filled out by the officer and a NC uniform citation was also completed, at least the front was completed. My son said that he told him that he did not have to appear in court. I asked what that meant, was there a fine? He said that he did not mention any fine. When I turned the paper over nothing on the back has been filled out except an "x" that he does not have to appear in court. The portion regarding payment by mail was not filled out and the fine, court costs and total have also not been filled out. What does this mean? Does it have to be completed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You have described an improper lane change, not an improper turn.
In any case, he will likely get something from the court. You/he could also contact the courts to follow up.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Our efficient laminate countertop manufacturing process combines technology and craftsmanship with a dedication to full service. We offer a wide variety of colors and patterns in our stock inventory which allows us to put your order into production quickly and results in you receiving your custom order within a week.

This is the BEST answer yet! :D

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My 17 year old son was involved in an accident this evening where it appears he made an improper turn. Apparently he was turning into the right lane, turned on his signal, checked his mirrors and began to turn into the lane when he was struck by another vehicle. By all accounts it seems as though his is at fault although he never claimed fault and only gave his account of what happened. I am assuming this vehicle was either going pretty fast or was in his blind spot. A record of collision was filled out by the officer and a NC uniform citation was also completed, at least the front was completed. My son said that he told him that he did not have to appear in court. I asked what that meant, was there a fine? He said that he did not mention any fine. When I turned the paper over nothing on the back has been filled out except an "x" that he does not have to appear in court. The portion regarding payment by mail was not filled out and the fine, court costs and total have also not been filled out. What does this mean? Does it have to be completed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: the citation involved changing lanes not turning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">