• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana laws regarding claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weaversqhi

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Indiana
My wifes 2000 Cadillac Escalade was hit last week by an inexperienced driver in icy conditions. There were no injuries (thankfully). The police report indicates 100% his fault. He (and his insurance company) have accepted responsibility. His insurance company's adjuster has looked at the car and during his inspection mentioned using "used parts" if they were available. I do not want to accept used or even aftermarket parts. It is bad enough that the car is damaged but I certainly don't want any substandard repair. Are there any Indiana laws regarding my wish to use original factory parts? Are there any Indiana laws regarding "diminished value" due to the crash history that this car will now carry? They are also saying that they will provide $22.00 per day to rent my wife a car while hers is being repaired. That will rent her a Neon. Am I entitled to a "like vehicle" by law in Indiana? Help will be much appreciated. Michael

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">