• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information on ticket is incorrect.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lclassic

I was stopped by a Flordia State Trooper for speeding in a construction zone with workers present. Six troopers where parked in the median, one was using a Laser speed detector and the other troopers where sent to perform the stop and issue the ticket.
1)I gave the trooper the wrong registration (by mistake) for the vehicle I was driving. He used this to write the ticket and all the information (year, make, model and license plate number) is incorrect. The registration I gave him was for a car I no longer owned at the time. And I was driving a van at the time.
2) He informed me a Laser was used but, did not offer to show it to me. Do I have to request to see it or should it have been offered?
3) Workers present. I did not see any but the area under construction was a bridge. I assume they where working under the bridge. How do I know if they where present or not.
4) Should I appear in court and contest the ticket based on the performance of the troopers duties and lack of ability to correctly fill out the information?
Thanks.

[Edited by lclassic on 06-03-2001 at 11:17 PM]

L

lclassic

I just posted it in Moving Violations (traffic tickets)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">