• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured in accident with no insurance!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KyliesHeart

I was on my way to sign the papers for my auto insurance when a woman ran a stop sign and totaled the drivers side of my van ( my big mistake was driving the van to get the insurance but I figured it would be ok if I took side streets. Boy was I wrong! ) I didn't get a ticket because it was clearly her fault for running the stop sign and no one asked me for my proof of insurance. I have no choice but to pay for the repairs on my van because it was my own mistake to drive it without insurance but I was injured in the accident and I am now wondering if there is any way of going after her for medical expenses. She was driving a company vehicle. If I go after her does it have anything to do with my insurance company ( or the lack of it)??I am in Michigan.

[Edited by KyliesHeart on 01-24-2001 at 12:00 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

KyliesHeart said:
I was on my way to sign the papers for my auto insurance when a woman ran a stop sign and totaled the drivers side of my van ( my big mistake was driving the van to get the insurance but I figured it would be ok if I took side streets. Boy was I wrong! ) I didn't get a ticket because it was clearly her fault for running the stop sign and no one asked me for my proof of insurance. I have no choice but to pay for the repairs on my van because it was my own mistake to drive it without insurance but I was injured in the accident and I am now wondering if there is any way of going after her for medical expenses. She was driving a company vehicle. If I go after her does it have anything to do with my insurance company ( or the lack of it)??
My response:

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">