• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured in fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mvtrucking

My fiancee and i drove as a team{we owned our own business},about 1 year ago while fueling at a truckstop
that we used regularly,he noticed a low tire on our trailer.
when he went to air the tire all the air hoses were out of order{broken,missing}He then went to the shop and spoke with the manager who advised him to pull the truck into the shop if he wanted air{we had a 40,000lb load on,we needed air}Dan asked if he could just pull the air outside,the shop manager said "no".Dan pulled the truck inside,set the brakes and got out of the truck,took one step and bang lights out{he was out cold for 5mins}That was a year ago in
Little Rock,Ar on a very cold night in a dimly lit shop.Dan
fell in a combination of diesel fuel,water,and oil.He has
been seeing a neurosurgeon for a year{he was diagnosed after
the injury in the ER with just a severe concussion,and a small bruise
on the brain}She has said that he has a cognitive impairment
that may be permanent.He has many physical and emotional
problems as a result,not to mention the financial devastation we have endured.{Loss of our business}We live in Louisiana,any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Staci

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mvtrucking said:
My fiancee and i drove as a team{we owned our own business},about 1 year ago while fueling at a truckstop
that we used regularly,he noticed a low tire on our trailer.
when he went to air the tire all the air hoses were out of order{broken,missing}He then went to the shop and spoke with the manager who advised him to pull the truck into the shop if he wanted air{we had a 40,000lb load on,we needed air}Dan asked if he could just pull the air outside,the shop manager said "no".Dan pulled the truck inside,set the brakes and got out of the truck,took one step and bang lights out{he was out cold for 5mins}That was a year ago in
Little Rock,Ar on a very cold night in a dimly lit shop.Dan
fell in a combination of diesel fuel,water,and oil.He has
been seeing a neurosurgeon for a year{he was diagnosed after
the injury in the ER with just a severe concussion,and a small bruise
on the brain}She has said that he has a cognitive impairment
that may be permanent.He has many physical and emotional
problems as a result,not to mention the financial devastation we have endured.{Loss of our business}We live in Louisiana,any advice would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.

Staci
My response:

You'll need to hire an attorney in Arkansas, from the County where the incident happened. Fortunately, Arkansas has a 3 year Statute of Limitations on injury accidents.

The bad part about this, from a legal standpoint, is that slip, trip and fall type accidents are among the hardest to prove liability.

Your Arkansas attorney will explain why to you.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">