• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured foot in clothing store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mfk311

Illinois: While trying on a pair of pants in a clothing store, I stepped on the sensor tag that was attached to the pants. It had a pin sticking through it and it punctured my foot. The manager came, bandaged my foot and told me to go the the ER if needed and the store would pay the bills. She told me the sensor was assembled incorrectly and that the pin was exposed because someone put a long pin with a small backing when it should have been a larger backing to cover the pin. My foot became very painful and swelled. The whole mechanism of injury caused some sort of damage which is yet to be determined. I have been to the ER, missed time off of work, have been on crutches and will be seeing an orthopedic surgeon.

There was no incident report written during my presence in the store, but when I called today to check on that, I was assured that one was written and that the main office was called.

I would like to know exactly how I should deal with this situation as I am afraid that when I present my doctor bills, etc., they will act like they have no idea who I am.

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">