• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured at go kart track

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilac68

texas location. stepping off of go kart that was parked and was hit from behind by my 10 year old pulling into the pit area.i was sent airborn and landed on the metal rails between the cars.i'm aware accidents happen, but i feel the staff on duty was not responsible when it came to safety procedures.staff ran once the accident happened.family picked me up and transported me to the e/r.what are the legal rights of a patron when you are injured at a location such as this.i've been to other establishments that followed safety procedures where accidents were avoided by following guidelines.i don't want to have someone else hurt because of the neglict of the business.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lilac68 said:
texas location. stepping off of go kart that was parked and was hit from behind by my 10 year old pulling into the pit area.i was sent airborn and landed on the metal rails between the cars.i'm aware accidents happen, but i feel the staff on duty was not responsible when it came to safety procedures.staff ran once the accident happened.family picked me up and transported me to the e/r.what are the legal rights of a patron when you are injured at a location such as this.i've been to other establishments that followed safety procedures where accidents were avoided by following guidelines.i don't want to have someone else hurt because of the neglict of the business.

My response:

Read the "Release" you signed. You waived all of your rights.

IAAL

L

lilac68

No release was signed. They just handed you a coupon shaped ticket and you handed that to the attendent.

racer72

By accepting the ticket is as good as a valid signature on a release. Establishments such as go kart tracks are required to carry insurance in case of equipment failure etc. I would be willing to bet they have signs or it is on the ticket that states the track is not responsible for any injuries and that you (the kart rider) assumes all liability for any injuries. Plus you stated it was your 10 year old that struck you, they can claim you allowed your child to operate the go kart without sufficient training.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">