• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injured passenger in uninsured car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jp2179

My fiance was a passenger in a toyota that had a head on crash with a ford excusion. Initial investigation was the driver of the toyota had crossed partially into the opposing lane then corrected and returned into its lane. At the same time , the driver of the ford seen the toyota drifting into its lane and went into its opposing lane. Road conditions were snow/slush. My fiance is in serious condition and the driver of the toyota is in critical condition. Persons in the ford were treated and released.
On arriving to the hospital I was told the vehicle he was in had no registration and no insurance. He stated he was unaware that there was no Ins. coverage.
My fiance has no health ins. Where do I begin to find who will pay. The driver he was with has no assests. All we have is our home and I dont want to loose that or have liens on it.

get an attorney

If your fiance has her own car insurance she may be able to collect from that. Also their may be a chance she could collect off the car insurance from the ford. You should check to see if you can get an attorney to take her case. They normally won't charge you up front but will take a portion of the settelment .
Hope your fiance recovers from her injuries. Best of Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">