• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work:filmed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lpires

I was injured at work and have been on workmens comp for close to 2 years. They filmed my activities for a day to basically check if I am hurt or if I am misrepresenting my injury. Well they conveniently hit a saturday of my sisters wedding which I am the maid of honor. Mind you nothing I did would disprove my injury but my question is do they have a right to intrude in my sister's wedding??? Can they enter the recemption hall and film without the express permission of either the bride or groom???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Lpires said:
I was injured at work and have been on workmens comp for close to 2 years. They filmed my activities for a day to basically check if I am hurt or if I am misrepresenting my injury. Well they conveniently hit a saturday of my sisters wedding which I am the maid of honor. Mind you nothing I did would disprove my injury but my question is do they have a right to intrude in my sister's wedding??? Can they enter the recemption hall and film without the express permission of either the bride or groom???

My response:

Sure they can, and they do. And, they can continue filming until asked to leave.

You can also be assured that this wasn't the only place where they filmed you and your activities. They probably have everything on video leading from your home, and to the Church, and through to the Reception - - this is, of course, assuming this was the only day they were filming you.

You better hope they didn't catch you dancing, or hopping around, etc., or it's all over for your claim. If you think you were, it may be time to discuss this matter with your attorney and to determine whether you should dismiss your claims.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">