• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injured at work/Workers Comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Miss Gator

Hello! I am from Louisiana. I work at a Nursing Home. On the evening of May 5,2000 i was going to the laundry room, when i opened the door and stepped in right foot first my foot slipped and i fell on theback side of my body. The floor was of slick concrete and appeared to have some liquied laundry detergent on it because it was very slippery.It took several attempts to get up it was so slippery. I went directly to the Nurses station and reported it to the Supervising Nurse. She called the Adminastrator in and he asked me to go and please put some sheets on the floor so no one else would fall. I did not feel like it but i did it anyway.The nurse then took my vital signs, gave me tylenol and asked me if i needed to go to the ER. I said yes. She said i would have to find a way due to the fact that she did not have enough staff to cover the floor for a nurses aide to take me to the ER. I called for someone to come and get me but had to wait for approx. 4 hours because my mom was off shopping.At the ER the Dr. did not xray me, examine me, or do any blood work. Gave me pain meds and sent me home. He said i could return to work in 3 days. If i was no better to visit family Dr. I was no better. I was worse. I went to my family Dr who sent me to a neuro Dr. I have been off for 6 months now. And i still have no Dx. I have severe pain and muscle spasms in my left neck and shoulder. I am also starting to have a back ache. I told my Dr. about the back ache and he said it was a trigger point, did not even look or feel of my back. I am at the point i just want to tell him to discharge me. I dont know what to do. Any suggestions. They would be greatly apperciated. Thanks Miss Gator!!!!

L

LadyBlu

This is not legal advice, just a voice of experience that is now suffering from my lack of knowledge 5yrs ago. Demand a MRI and/or a CT scan. If you have a herniated disk it wont show up on normal xrays. It may not cause you pain now, but 4-5 yrs down the road you could just reach the wrong way and boom, out of work and no insurance or coverage for lost wages for a long time.
Also, documant everything related to your injury now, and keep a running log. If you have a little ache in your back 2yrs from now, document it and go to see the DR.
Last but not least.. get a atty...

------------------
I am not an attorney, my replies are based on research materials and life experience .
*Yes I am sometimes wrong... *
***"Honour thy error as hidden intention."***
**Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower
than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.
-- George Carlin **
*"The worst thing about censorship is [deleted by censorship bureau]."*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">