• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injuries during a robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justinnlaura

What is the name of your state? TN

If a burglar breaks into your house and is injured does he have grounds to sue you?

He is breaking and entering and also tresspassing

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
how was the burglar injured?

===============================

"Well, when he entered our home, he accidently tripped over the wire that is connected to the trigger of my husband's over-and-under shotgun, that we had set up, and had pointing at the front door. My husband doesn't like certain people entering without permission. However, it was really an accident because we didn't intend for a burgler to be shot - - we just don't like my mother coming into the house uninvited. Can't we be sent to prison for life, like the DA says?"

lwpat

This sounds like the Urban Legend where the burglar accidentally locks himself in the garage with nothing but dogfod to eat. The garage door is broken and has not been repaired by the owner who is on a two week vacation.

The robber then sues and collects a huge settlement from the homeowner. That story is false.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">