• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury accident running a red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjn8569

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Nevada

Hi, I was driving home from a friends house last sunday 11-13-05 at a little before 4 pm pacific time I decided to get gas before traveling home after dropping off my husband he needed to pick up his vehicle from a friends house that was taking a look at it for us before winter hits he wanted me to wait for him but I decided to go a head beacuse I needed gas and I felt if I got it out of the way we could go grocery shopping and get home before 6 pm. Making my way to the signal light of Disc Blvd I noticed a chevron station up a head for 2.61 a gallon and I thought I would just go there since it was so close and my car was on E I stayed in the right hand lane and proceeded to the red light. I am a very cautious driver my husband calls me driving miss daisy anyway our lights both turned green the turn lane and mying so I proceeed crossing thru Vista blvd and happened to look out of the corner of my eye over my right shoulder just in time to see a Ford f350 yellow pickup truck coming very fast I kept saying to myself I hope he is going to stop I hope he slows down and almost next to the curb on the other side of the road he accelerates and punches it thru the red light smacking me in the passengers side of my vehicle ( I saw it coming looking right at the truck ) I slightly closed my eyes and tried to brace for the hit and thought if I just turned to wheel to the left a bit and stepped on my breaks I could move over before he hit me but he was going way to fast and just creamed me. I was hysterical and called 911 immediately forgetting all about on star on my vehicle this truck just drove off maybe 100 yards away and turned into
the parking lot a head and parked the driver came running back and all he could say is are you hurt and I am so sorry over and over again. I yelled to him please I cant talk on the phone can you talk to 911 and gave him my phone. I remembered that my husband would not be far behind me beacuse he was picking up his vehicle so I looked in the mirrior and saw him coming thru the light all I remeber from there was EMT's the cops fire engines people asking me questions and the horrible pain in my knee and back I was taken to the emergency room by ambulance went thru extensive tests and sent home with pain meds and a dr note to be off work. No witnesess though and there were many but no one filed a report and the driver of the truck was cited his insurance company wont help me beacause he is blaming me being a young kid in daddys truck he is trying to blame an innocent party I am in allot of pain and my car is totaled I have since then spoken with the women on duty at chevron at the time of the accident and they say they have pople that know he was speeding racing to get thru the red light and even one lady that works there said she would be my witness. there are smart signal on the lights can those be subopea in court? His insurance wont help me
can I sue this person and win this case. I am under the care of my Dr for
aback injury from this accident wearing a back brace with my car totaled and my family torn apart from a neglegent young kid that stole mt week from me
I wont ever get it back I just want what he woes me and go on with healing and someone of a normal life back.

Melinda Newsome :confused:

racer72

Cut out about 2/3 of your post, state just the facts relevent to your situation and ask no more than 3 questions. I tried reading your post but lost interest about half way through.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">