• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

injury claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marybo

What is the name of your state? mississippi

I filed a claim for an accident my daughter had the day after it occured. I told them of the damage to the car and the injuries to my daugher. We are dealing with them about the car and have received a letter from them saying we can file medical bills for reimbursement. Is that all I have to do if I plan to ask for compensation for the injuries or do I need to put in a separate request for this? Does the same adjuster who is handling the accident handle the injuries? Thanks.

JETX

"I filed a claim for an accident my daughter had the day after it occured. I told them of the damage to the car and the injuries to my daugher."
*** Those are two separate issues. Property damage for the repair of the vehicle and personal injury for the medical, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.

"We are dealing with them about the car"
*** That is property damage.

"and have received a letter from them saying we can file medical bills for reimbursement."
*** That is personal injury. In my state, normally the insurance doesn't consider 'individual' on-going medical bills but waits until the diagnosis and treatment are complete.

"Is that all I have to do if I plan to ask for compensation for the injuries or do I need to put in a separate request for this?"
*** It sounds to me like they have already opened the two (property and injury) files.

"Does the same adjuster who is handling the accident handle the injuries?"
*** Depends on the insurance company involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">