• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury at an office complex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

crazyla565

What is the name of your state? Virginia

About two years ago I fell on ice in the driveway of an office building. I did major damage to myself, my knee and hands were bleeding. I went to a clinic and had xrays taken. They said nothing was wrong. I talked to an attorney about litigation. He said there was no case. The office complex paid for the medical bill, but that was all. My knee never healed right and now when I go down stairs, it makes a crunching noise. I even had my knee go out on me once.

Do I have any recourse?

K

knotcops

You spoke with an attorney and they said there was no case. So why would you think there would be any recourse today, two years later? You slipped on ice. The last time I was on ice, I realized it was slippery and took extra precautions not to slip. Why didn't you and why do you think the office complex would be liable?

C

crazyla565

The sidewalks of the office complex were not cleared and I had to walk on this driveway made out of uneven bricks. You couldn't see that there was ice between the bricks. I was attending a technological school there in the office complex. I had books in my arms that offset my balance so I feel forward and really hit hard.

As far as the attorney, he was handling my divorce at the time. I didn't think about it then, but maybe he was not knowledgeable about this type of injury.

HomeGuru

crazyla565 said:
The sidewalks of the office complex were not cleared and I had to walk on this driveway made out of uneven bricks. You couldn't see that there was ice between the bricks. I was attending a technological school there in the office complex. I had books in my arms that offset my balance so I feel forward and really hit hard.

As far as the attorney, he was handling my divorce at the time. I didn't think about it then, but maybe he was not knowledgeable about this type of injury.
**A: you still have no case. You knew that the bricks were uneven and you saw snow/ice on the sidewalk therefore a reasonable person would have presumed that there would be snow/ice on the driveway and between the bricks. Your balance was caused by the books you were carrying that resulted in your imbalance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">