• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injury Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mccammonjw

What is the name of your state? CA

I was in an auto accident 8 months ago. The other party admits full responsibility. I settled with the insurance company for the property damage after I had to take them to court in order to get what the car was worth. I also suffered a back injury from the accident. The MRI showed a moderate-sized far-out lateral disc bulge. The pain comes and goes depending on my activities. So far I have had $3300 in medical expenses and lost wages. The insurance company has offered $8000 to settle the injury portion of the accident. Is this reasonable for this type of injury? Am I missing something? Can I make them responsible for future treatment if needed and if so for how long?

mccammonjw

Their offer does not include any compensation for future treatment. Is this typical? Shouldn't they compensate me for estimated treatment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">