• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innocent---.Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Randy Scott

What is the name of your state? NJ

My friend has a clean driving record from past 3 yrs. (No points at all) Is with the same insurnace from the day he was driving (past 3yrs).Good credit history.

One day while he was at a stop sign. His car touched the car in front. Both the drivers got down checked the vechicles, no damage. So the driver of the front car told my friend no big deal you can go. So my friend left and so also the other driver.

The next day it looks like the other driver has reported to the cop that his car was hit and the driver left from the scene.

My friend is innocent, why would he leave the scene, if at all it was an accident. He left because the other driver said "No big deal" you can go. And in fact there was no accident, no damage, no injury nothing at all. and hence both left.

When the cop came to inspect my friend vechicle, my friend gave the cop his licence, regisration etc. My friend also informed the Insurance as soon as the Cop left and gave the complete info.

What should my friend do now. What is the next step. Hope my friend will not get any points for this.Your advice is highly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">