• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innocent Victim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

96 Camry 2001

What is the name of your state? California

I was rear ended in 2001 at a controlled intersection in Sacramento California. I was stopped at a stop light when I was hit and then hit again. When i got out there was a Volkswagon under my bumper and a jeep behind her. They are now sueing each other. My car was repaired and everything is fine. But I have been bothered by the volkswagons attorney. I do not want to go to court. I have given a sworn statement. Now they are asking for my insurance information to get the pictures the insurance company took. I do not want to be involve. What will happen if I don't give them any more information, insurance information etc. Does not the police have that information already as well as the volkswagons insurance company? Some one paid to have my car repaired, $2,600 worth of damage. Help!:confused:

ellencee

I suppose you can do nothing and wait for a subpoena to arrive and force you to give them the information. If their claims against each other make it all the way to court, you could be called as a witness and have to testify. Maybe if you give them the information and they get the photos that they need, they can settle without going to court and you won't have to go, either.

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I don't see any reason not to give them your insurance information. Isn't it on the police report, anyway? It does seem like they should already have your insurance company's and policy's information as provided at the time of the accident, but what could it hurt to give the information to them now?

H

hmmbrdzz

If the VW attorney needs your policy information for his client's case, and you don't want to be involved anymore or give him anymore info about anything, you're under no obligation to continue to provide him information at this point. Not wanting to be involved is good enough reason. If he can't get the information he needs for his clients case and you don't want to talk to him anymore, then don't. Let him request a subpeona to compel you to give him information (if it comes to that). This attorney could bother you for another year! If you're tired of the pressure from him, tell him "don't call me back", and then hang up on him. If it comes to a subpeona, respond to the subpeona at that time.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">