• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ins Co Bullying me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awilson

I live in Virginia

I was involved in a 4 car accident in which I was car #4. Speed was about 20mph when #1 stopped suddenly, #2 barely tapped #1, #3 ran up on the curb and hit #2 pretty hard (not much damage but the lady did go to the hospital). I barely tapped the van in front of me. My Fiero (plastic nose) received only scratches to the paint and a bent liscense plate. The van in front of me appeared to have had previous damage because the bumper was curled under and there was no way my car did it. The only one that got a ticket was the van (#3).

I called my Ins. Co. the same day and he said since there was very little damage, it was not necessary to file a claim but he made a note that I did call him.

I received a letter from the ins. co. of the #3 van that said that I owed them money ($165.00) for the damage that they paid to fix the van. They state that "if they do not hear from me within 30 days, they will turn it over to their subrogation unit for collection". They also state that "this could result in additional legal fees and possible loss of my driving privileges"

I know it is not much but I also know that I didn't do the damage to the bumper. Can they do what they are threatening?What should I do?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">