• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ins. co. won't let me cancel!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sharisol

My car is totally disabled and will not be getting fixed. I want to park it in my garage until I can trade it or sell it for parts. I want to cancel my ins. coverage on this car, but the company in N.J. won't cancel unless I submit proof of sale or donation, or turn in the plates (tags) to Motor Vehicle. These are Personalized vanity plates that I have been paying extra for! I will eventually buy a new car and put these plates on it. Why is it the ins. co's responsibility to see that the car is insured??? Guy at State Dept. told me someone might steal the plates.. Anyone could steal the plates right off the car on the street! What about all the uninsured drivers on the road? If I cancel the insurance, then I am responsible if anything happens, correct??? I am appalled! It may be months before I get another car, and meanwhile, I am paying for unused auto insurance. I do have another car insured with same co. I do not want to cancel coverage on other car, or change companies. I just want to take coverage off an un-drivable vehicle parked in my garage! Please help. Thanks.

D

djdj

NO you are wrong.......YOU do have to prove the car has been sold or donated or turn in your plates,

Well take some time off from work and sell the car....

not much else you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">