• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance???????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JoBarry

Gee Bravo8, you know why.....all these "innocent' people have explained why......they "didn't know" it was cancelled, or the insurance company is at fault because they "didn't send a cancellation notice", or the popular one "oops, policy lapsed because they forgot to pay". These are probably the same people who wait to pay their utility bills until their "final notice" comes and then complain to the utility svc that "they never received the first disconnect notice"!

Personally, I wish a law would be made that states if you do not have auto insurance you are not able to sue another party in an accident even if they are proven to be at fault. It is odd how these people don't have enough money to pay their premiums but are willing to pay money to sue the other party.

Sorry to vent but you verbalized my thoughts exactly!

Joanna (an INSURED motorist)

J

JoBarry

But they "can't afford insurance".....you know...those "meanie" insurance companies charge too high in premiums.. and WHY do they charge so much?? Because of the expenses incurred as a result of these uninsured motorists! hmmmm

T

Thomas234

From what I have seen, people don't bother with insurance because there are really no consequnces to them if they don't have it.

A few years back I was waiting with a friend in traffic court. He had been in an accident and the other guy was at fault. We got there pretty early so we sat and watched the show. At any rate, there was about six different cases of people who went before the judge for "failure to have insurance".

As God as my witness this is exactly how the first five cases went. Judge says, "Mr. Smith did you have insurance at the time officer Bob cited you?" Reply from deadbeat, "Uh, no." Judge then says, "Do you have insurance today?" Reply from deadbeat, "Yes sir I do." Judge then says, "Case dismissed".

If you think that is bad, the final guy was real winner. Except when the judge asks this guy if he has insurance today he replies, "no I don't". The judge then postponed the case so this idiot could go out and get insurance, and have his case dismissed as well when he came back the next time.

Nice, huh?

kat1963

Because they have nothing & will never anything. Therefore, why bother if there is nothing to protect? I also feel that if they don't have insurance they give up the right to sue.

I was sued for 1.5M, plus 4 X 50,000 several years ago. I was the 1st car in a 3 car pileup (stopped at a light). The 2nd car sued me 1.5 years later. One of the occupants died of a brain tumor hence 1.5. HUH??? Why didn't they sue the 3rd car that caused the accident? Because he had nothing, including insurance....oh, and the 2nd car w/5 passengers didn't either. Luckily, they got NOTHING. They tried to say that because I drive an SUV it caused greater damage....

KAT

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

How come every person who posts here does this - - ?????????????????????????

Do they feel the question has more importance????????????

IAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

T

Thomas234

Don't Know?????? But what I would like to know is why after I pick my nose, it's full again in a few minutes?????

bijou-MP5

this happens because ppl(including me) don't realize they don't give sh_t about insurance until thing happens to them.
I've learn my lesson. yes I did....
:eek:

C

canyon53s

don't generalize...

i was not at fault in an accident. had coverage. came here to figure out what to do. was given extremely bad advice.

what more can i say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">