• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

og17

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I had an auto accident in which a storm drain cover was in the road (on the edge close to the white line, but at the beginning of a steep curve going down a hill) causing me to strike the cover and hit the hole. My car was damaged and there was a claim made with the city. The insurance company for the city called and asked a series of questions? The main question she asked was why no one else reported this problem. The officer and myself replaced the cover, which was broken into two peices, but before I could take pictures. I did take pictures of the cover as a whole and where the cracks were that seperated the two peices. The insurance company denied the claim saying that they are not liable. Is there anything else that I can do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">