• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance adjusters offer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mjb0325

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
Hi all, Has anyone info on the offer a person is given by an insurance adjuster. I was called and offered a price for my car which was totaled by another insuded at fault driver, the gentleman who did the adjusting said he uses a computer program and they give him the price to give me. Now after he said that he also said he couldn't give me any more then what the program said and then offered me $200 more but said that is al he is allowed and has to go by the programs the insuance co and the state make him use. I don'ty know how much is true not true... I have never had a claim or been in an accident(Knock on wood) untill this one. Do I take the offer the 1st offer or ask him for more, can he offer more? Its about $1000. off what I feel is fair and thats not even much of a replacement car.
#2 Can I claim for on any of the new(In the past month) car parts I just bought and replaced. Or on the out of pocket money I had to pay someone to care for animals I was pet sitting over the holidays for could not get to? (They could not get me into a rental car for 4 days because of the holiday.)

lwpat

You can claim any legitimate damages you suffered as a result of the accident. Collecting is another matter. Get several car magazines in your area and the newspaper ads. Find comparable vehicles and send copies to the adjuster. Offering about 1,000-2000 less is standard since they know it will cost you about that much to sue them. If you do not feel they are making a reasonable offer, file a complaint with your state insurance bureau.
Ask him if he has included sales tax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">