• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Adjustor (Illinois)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heckbill

I posted a few days ago about being rearended on an interstate with significant injuries. I have an attorney and have asked them to get in touch with the persons insurance adjustor to find out what his policy limits are.
I am concerned because my med. is over 50k and loss wages over 30k. The adjustor is not calling my attorney back.
My questionis is, does someone out there have experience in the behavior of adjustors? Why is he not calling my attorney back? Does the carrier have too little of coverage or a very efficiant amount of coverage? I am trying to figure out his strategy.
Thanks,
Bill

stephenk

Unless there is a lawsuit and the information is requested in discovery, there is no obligation or requirement than you be informed of the policy limits of someone else's insurance policy. If the other party agrees to provide that information to you, then the adjuster will give your attorney the policy limit amounts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">