• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance cancellation problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

steverwrx

What is the name of your state? AZ

Back in December last year I signed up for a one year policy through a company from insure.com. They sent the policy to me along with some documents that the wanted signed and returned which were done promptly. So a month ago I get a NON-Certified letter stating that when I returned the documents one page was missing and that the policy would be cancelled if the page was not received by a certain date. I had kept copies and the one page was returned but a missed an initial spot. No big deal, re-signed/initialed and mailed back in their postage paid envelope at least 10 days before their due date.

The other day I get a check from them with a notation "cancellation refund". I call them up to find out they say they never got the document and the policy was cancelled and they can not do anything about it. I think they quoted a rate too low and found away to get out of the policy. So I am now shopping for insurance again. If I can not find a similiar rate can I go after the other company for the difference? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">