• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sslade1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arizona
My wife and I were backed into by another driver in a parking lot. His truck was high enough I am sure it was very difficult to see us, and there were two SUVs on either side. My wife glanced away for a second, and was not able to stop before he backed into us. The insurance company assumes that she was looking at the apartments, but the police report just sayed she looked away. For all they know she could have been watching for cars on the other side. They are willing to pay 85% and we pay 15%, but we would like to get the full 100% covered. Any suggestions on how we might fight it? I already looked up the law and it states this, "The driver of a vehicle shall not back the vehicle unless the movement can be made with reasonable safety and without interfering with other traffic."

ashkyla

If the insurance carrier refuses to pay for full damages when you weren't at fault, you should probably get an attorney.

Legally, unless you were negligent in some way, the insurance carrier for the party at fault is responsible for paying all damages and/or medical expenses incurred.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">