• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Claim - Hail Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snowmen

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Can I apply the hail damage insurance check towards the balance of the car loan? Or do I have to repair the car? If I put the check on the balance of the loan all I have to do is put another $500.00 with it and the car is paid in full! Any suggestions on how to go about this. My lender is Mazda American Credit.
Thanks

JETX

snowmen said:
Can I apply the hail damage insurance check towards the balance of the car loan? Or do I have to repair the car?
No one can guess your answer as the answer is in your lender agreement. Contact your lender and ask.

snowmen

I did that. I talked with two different people at customer service at Mazda. I even hung up and called back to hopefully get a different person and/or different manager. I even called a local Mazda dealership. I can't get a straight answer! Very frustrating!
So, I thought if I posted on here maybe someone might have a had a similar experience and be able to share info on how to handle the situation.
As well, there is nothing on the auto contract indicating an answer to the question, nor does customer service have an answer for me. Their (mazda credit) suggestion was to just send the check in with a note and see what happens. I don't find that a smart move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">