• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance claim query

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaz82

Last week I was involved in a minor collision with another vehicle and I accepted liability without hesitation as it was my fault on turning a corner .The other driver involved parked her damaged car a little further up the street and we exchanged contact details ,I then assumed both insurance companies would proceed appropriately.
The following morning my daughter in law and my son seen the owner of the damaged vehicle talking to another lady and they watched her then forcibly push down onto the cracked bumper making the damage visibly worse.My daughter in law rents a property above a post office just where the accident happened the day before, thus explaining why I was driving into the street. As they were looking from above the lady hadn't noticed they were watching.
I left the matter alone only to find out that her insurance company have requested CCTV footage from the post office of the accident, which I find odd considering I accepted liability, assuming the CCTV shows the incident ,surely it will also show this lady making the damage to her vehicle, I'm not sure where I stand as my insurance company weren't really much help ??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Last week I was involved in a minor collision with another vehicle and I accepted liability without hesitation as it was my fault on turning a corner .The other driver involved parked her damaged car a little further up the street and we exchanged contact details ,I then assumed both insurance companies would proceed appropriately.
The following morning my daughter in law and my son seen the owner of the damaged vehicle talking to another lady and they watched her then forcibly push down onto the cracked bumper making the damage visibly worse.My daughter in law rents a property above a post office just where the accident happened the day before, thus explaining why I was driving into the street. As they were looking from above the lady hadn't noticed they were watching.
I left the matter alone only to find out that her insurance company have requested CCTV footage from the post office of the accident, which I find odd considering I accepted liability, assuming the CCTV shows the incident ,surely it will also show this lady making the damage to her vehicle, I'm not sure where I stand as my insurance company weren't really much help ??
Let your insurance company handle this - that's what you pay them for. If you feel that the other party is attempting to defraud your insurance company, then let your insurance company know.

ecmst12

If the bumper was cracked, it needed to be replaced anyway. Don't worry about it, this is why you have insurance.

Jaz82

Thankyou to those who replied, the thing is her car is quite a modern new mini , and has small lights fitted into the bumper panel on the sides, when she has pushed down onto the cracked loose part it has pulled out the lamp and the wiring that its attached to, I just think its very sly when I accepted liability. Does anyone understand why she would want CCTV footage if I have admitted I was at fault?😕

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thankyou to those who replied, the thing is her car is quite a modern new mini , and has small lights fitted into the bumper panel on the sides, when she has pushed down onto the cracked loose part it has pulled out the lamp and the wiring that its attached to, I just think its very sly when I accepted liability. Does anyone understand why she would want CCTV footage if I have admitted I was at fault?😕
They'll have to remove & reinstall the lights anyway if they replace the bumper. As to why she would want the CCTV footage - there's no way we do anything but make guesses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">