• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance claims cont

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

corky2424

I need to clarify a question I sent in yesterday. My vehicle was hit by another party. I was not in the vehicle at the time. I wanted to know if I am entitled to any compensation for haveing to miss work to take the car in for repairs, to have to pick up the rental car, to take back the rental car, and for taking the car into get estimates for his insurance company. I wanted to know if I should receive loss of pay from work because I had to do all the above mentioned tasks,as a direct result of the accident. I had to miss 3 days of work that I did not get paid for to try and resolve the matter.

No. They are only required to pay for the damage to your car and to reimburse you for reasonable rental charges, storage fees and (in some states) tax on the purchase of a new car if yours was totaled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">