• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co. denying claim!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BrokenBacknTx

What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was involved and injured in a auto accident, in January of 2005. I reatined a lawyer about a week or so later. Today I was notified by my attorney that the other driver's insurance is denying coverage for this accident, and they pretty much are dumping my case. The other driver was an underage 17 year old, who apparently does not have a license and apparently not on the father's insurance. She is not even listed as a person in the household. Besides small claims court is there any way around, that my lawyer may have missed or could have done different to be compensated for my loss's? I am new to this whole suing thing and I just want to get a different opinion before I bite the bullet on this. I thank and appreciate any advice that can be given to me in advance.

BrokenBacknTx

If it matters, I recieved a broken L5 verterbra, out of work for three months, physical therapy for three months, Tahoe I had bought 3 weeks prior to accident was totaled,(my insurance company took care most of the note, I still owe about $1100) I did not have uninsured motorist or PIP on my policy. So am I just totally screwed?? Ok im done ranting now.

S

seniorjudge

BrokenBacknTx said:
What is the name of your state? Texas.

I was involved and injured in a auto accident, in January of 2005. I reatined a lawyer about a week or so later. Today I was notified by my attorney that the other driver's insurance is denying coverage for this accident, and they pretty much are dumping my case. The other driver was an underage 17 year old, who apparently does not have a license and apparently not on the father's insurance. She is not even listed as a person in the household. Besides small claims court is there any way around, that my lawyer may have missed or could have done different to be compensated for my loss's? I am new to this whole suing thing and I just want to get a different opinion before I bite the bullet on this. I thank and appreciate any advice that can be given to me in advance.
You need to get a judgment against the person who damaged you and collect from that person. If it was a 17 year old, I would have your lawyer get a judgment against that person and make sure it was registered in that person's home county and every surrounding county. One of these days, that person may be making some money and you could collect on the judgment.

Make sure the judgment is renewed whenever it is supposed to be renewed.

TX is debtor friendly so make sure your lawyer does everything to protect your rights.

BrokenBacknTx

Thanks Senior Judge, I will keep that in mind.

So is the insurance company totally off the hook on this accident? This vehicle was still insured at the time of accident. I know all insurace company's try to avoid having to pay but most will settlle, or make an offer.

S

seniorjudge

BrokenBacknTx said:
Thanks Senior Judge, I will keep that in mind.

So is the insurance company totally off the hook on this accident? This vehicle was still insured at the time of accident. I know all insurace company's try to avoid having to pay but most will settlle, or make an offer.
I wouldn't have any way of knowing the answer to that.

In fact, you will not know it for sure until your lawsuit is finished.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">