• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co. Does not Want to Pay Anymore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frazzles

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I was rearended in November. As of today, my car is still not repaired. The at fault party's insurance is paying for a rental and has been for a month to date. The insurance company wants me to turn in the vehicle today and the car will not be ready until another week. Is the insurance company obligated to continue to pay for a rental until my car is fixed. Mind you - the accident happened over the Thanksgiving Holidays and has extended into Christmas and New Years. The insurance company wants the body repair shop to pay for the rental (is that crazy or what?)

Any suggestions?

stephenk

has the carrier told you why there has been such a long delay to get the car in the shop?

the carrier is not obligated to pay anything. they can make you pay for a rental while they fix the car and then reimburse you when they are done.

Have you made a claim with your own carrier to fix the car? If the accident is not your fault your rates should not go up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">