• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insurance co of people that hit daughter keep calling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gramdma

Why is the insurance company of the people that hit my daughter calling us about my daughter. My husband told them once that she was in the hospital and not to bother us. Then she calls my daughters friend and asks him how is she and what kind of injuries. I told him not to talk to them. So why do they keep calling?:mad:

Litigation!

gramdma said:
So why do they keep calling?:mad:

My response:

Give me the name of the adjuster and phone number. I'll call for you and ask. I just hope that when I call, a big snake won't bite me, like you think will happen if YOU call.

IAAL

gramdma

funny

:mad:I was asking a question I felt important. Thanks for the dumb answer. I am at the hospital most of the day with daughter and don`t have the time to sit around and wait for ins company to call back.

Litigation!

gramdma said:
:mad:I was asking a question I felt important. Thanks for the dumb answer. I am at the hospital most of the day with daughter and don`t have the time to sit around and wait for ins company to call back.

My response:

Everybody has an excuse, and you're no better. You're not at the hospital 24 hours a day, lady. I'm also sure the adjuster left a telephone number. Use your cell phone - - or take out a quarter and use the hospital phone.

Frikken idiot.

IAAL

gramdma

Just for your information

I HAVE been at the hospital alot and I just asked simple question, you seem to be a real nasty person. thank you for nothing!

Litigation!

gramdma said:
I HAVE been at the hospital alot and I just asked simple question, you seem to be a real nasty person. thank you for nothing!

My response:

And you have a daughter? How do you make it through life? You must have a real problem making decisions at the Supermarket too!

Let me remind you of your question, okay?

You said, "So why do they keep calling?"

Gee, I don't know. My Tarot cards are being repaired.

What is WRONG with you, lady?

IAAL

fejee

dear gramdma,
like most of us here in this forum, you too should disregard any remarks by this IAAL dude. he is just another self appointed clown of this forum. didn't you notice his signature, IAAL. it is symbolic of his attorney like profile' "I Am Always Lying".

now coming back tou your query ma'm, the reason that adjuster is calling you is simply to gather information regarding the extent of ur daughter's injuries. the adj is trying to ascertain the financial exposure to his company of your daughter's claim for reserving purpose(estimated damage amount of the claimed injuries). this is a normal practice amongst claim handlers(adjusters)and you shouldn't let that bother you.

it could also be that the adjuster is trying to develop a nice rapport with you and your husband, to help him resolve your daughter's claim when the time comes. i think you should at least hear him/her out and then if you feel you do not wish to deal with this person in future, you should let him/her know.

i hope your daughter is doing well and wish her a speedy recovery. good luck ma'm.

DGO1223

fejee said:
dear gramdma,
like most of us here in this forum, you too should disregard any remarks by this IAAL dude. he is just another self appointed clown of this forum. didn't you notice his signature, IAAL. it is symbolic of his attorney like profile' "I Am Always Lying".

now coming back tou your query ma'm, the reason that adjuster is calling you is simply to gather information regarding the extent of ur daughter's injuries. the adj is trying to ascertain the financial exposure to his company of your daughter's claim for reserving purpose(estimated damage amount of the claimed injuries). this is a normal practice amongst claim handlers(adjusters)and you shouldn't let that bother you.

it could also be that the adjuster is trying to develop a nice rapport with you and your husband, to help him resolve your daughter's claim when the time comes. i think you should at least hear him/her out and then if you feel you do not wish to deal with this person in future, you should let him/her know.

i hope your daughter is doing well and wish her a speedy recovery. good luck ma'm.
You're damn right they are trying to "gather information". You are NOT obliged to tell them anything.:eek: And, no, do not try to "develop a nice rapport" with them!:eek:

That's why people get legal advice, and let the lawyer handle crap like that. You'll be in over you head if you try to deal with them in ANY fashion!!

Sounds like your daughter's injuries are significant if she's still in the hospital.
Until you can speak to a lawyer, tell them NOTHING!!!!

Sorry, fegee's advice will come back to haunt you if you listen to it!:(

Hope your daughter recovers well.

T

Trucking Mad

gramdma said:
Why is the insurance company of the people that hit my daughter calling us about my daughter. My husband told them once that she was in the hospital and not to bother us. Then she calls my daughters friend and asks him how is she and what kind of injuries. I told him not to talk to them. So why do they keep calling?:mad:
:rolleyes: I see you started a new post, Why (?) i'm not sure, your other post was receiving good responses.:cool: Anyway....They're calling because they know they're going to be sued by your daughter..Do you have an Attorney yet..if no then you need one.:cool:

stephenk

Trucking Mad said:
:rolleyes: I see you started a new post, Why (?) i'm not sure, your other post was receiving good responses.:cool: Anyway....They're calling because they know they're going to be sued by your daughter..Do you have an Attorney yet..if no then you need one.:cool:
Daughter may sue, but according to the other thread it doesn't look like the daughter has a good case on liability. Wandering around on a state highway at night chasing a drunk guy doesn't look good to a jury.

T

Trucking Mad

stephenk said:
Daughter may sue, but according to the other thread it doesn't look like the daughter has a good case on liability. Wandering around on a state highway at night chasing a drunk guy doesn't look good to a jury.
:cool: While that may be true, there are many areas of this that are unanswered that apparently have the attention of the Ins. Co...:cool:

zippysgoddess

I have several sets of Tarot cards, and a crystal ball. Should I go find them so we can try to give the poster an answer? I am sure they will provide as good a guess as any of us can!

gramdma

thank you

DGO1223 said:
You're damn right they are trying to "gather information". You are NOT obliged to tell them anything.:eek: And, no, do not try to "develop a nice rapport" with them!:eek:

That's why people get legal advice, and let the lawyer handle crap like that. You'll be in over you head if you try to deal with them in ANY fashion!!

Sounds like your daughter's injuries are significant if she's still in the hospital.
Until you can speak to a lawyer, tell them NOTHING!!!!

Sorry, fegee's advice will come back to haunt you if you listen to it!:(

Hope your daughter recovers well.
Thank you for your concern and helpful suggestions. I have held back getting an attorney because my daughter is 26 and was in the hospital. Hopefully she may get dicharged this Tuesday, then continue with therapy in our hometown hospital. Her injuries are bad ones. Numerous broken bones,fractures and contussions and bleed in brain. Miracles do happen and she is one of them, fighting hard to regain all she has lost.Told by the Drs. that it will be over a year before she may go to work. And the bills are already coming in, they don`t waste any time about that! Thanks again and to all the other NICE people understanding people on here. I am a very confident person but this really has me shaken but I am no idiot! Such as on poster said. If some of the people would just read all the follow ups then maybe they can get a picture of what is going on here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">