• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Co. won't cover damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mark.linder

My wife was rear-ended a couple weeks ago. Other driver admitted total fault, and his insurance co agreed to pay for repairs to our car. Body shop sent an estimate to the other driver's insurance co and they agreed to the cost. The car is now in the body shop, and the body shop says that when the straighten the frame, there is the possibility that some previous repair work may come apart. The insurance co refuses to pay to repair anything that is related to the previous body work. My feeling is that they should cover it since any failures of the previous body work are related to the accident. Do I have any rights to force them to pay for all body shop costs? We are in Washington state.

Thanks!

Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">