• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

INSURANCE COMPANIES RESPONSIBILITIES TO A THIRD PARTY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nursered

Do Insurance companies have a resonsibilty to the injured party

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF DUTY OF CARE OWED TO a third party INVOLVED IN AN ACCIDENT in the STATE OF MISSISSIPPI. MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT THE DUTY OF CARE IS OWED TO THE INSURED. If an agent and or insurance company failed to provide proper limits of liability coverage for a rig----mobile home transpoter for hire, as mandated by our state 750.000, and they did not du this, Could the person that was injured sue the agent and the insurance company?It is my understanding that there are no cases in Miss that directly address a duty of care owed to a third person. Please read the posting Collision with a mobile home to find out more details about the wreck.PLEASE-------I NEED HELP\\the agent and the insurance company knew what he was doing with the rig, it was on his application. The agent was friends with the man. This man had a 50.000 policy, and owns nothing. my daughters policy does not have underinsured motorist coverage. We plan to sue the agent and the insurance company.
NURSERED

[Edited by nursered on 05-18-2001 at 11:51 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">