• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance company giving bad advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

af76

What is the name of your state? AZ
I was in a rear-end accident back in Feb of this year and it was pretty minor, but I did go see a chiropractor. The at-fault's insurance company has cut off expenses for paying my chiropractor, which I agree with, and now wants to settle. The only issue I have is the insurance company is telling me that I have to go and negotiate with my chiropractor to try and lower the bill so that I can get more compensation. So my question is, isn't the insurance company supposed to pay the medical bills and then give me compensation as well? The way I understand is he wants to cut me a check, then I have to go and pay my chiro...this does not sound right to me.
I really just want to get this over with, and need a little bit of help.

Thanks!

ecmst12

That's exactly how it works, when you're making a BI claim on someone else's policy. If you have PIP or Med Pay coverage on your OWN policy, that can pay your doctors directly, but for BI, they give you one check, and you distribute it to the doctors as needed, and keep whatever is left over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">