• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Company not accepting my claim.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loch

What is the name of your state? Barbados, West Indies

this is a general question since i know your mostly USA Related but any help would be appreciated.

I was involved in an accident which totalled about 6000 us dollars and made a claim to my insurance company on it, a guy admittedly fell asleep at the wheel and rammed the side of my car.

my insurance is refusing to settle the claim and has gone as far as cancelling my insurance, as a result im left to face the bill on my own, they are saying that on my insurance form it asked if my engine was modified and i stated NO but on inspection they found an Aftermarket Intake system or Cold Air intake, which was on the car at the time of insurance. at the time of insurance i thought modified included Engine mods internal to the engine like cams, pistons, rods and even force induction, but they are claiming that my intake which sits behind the headlamp is an engine modification.
this insurance company was free to inspect what they were insuring but made no attempt to at the time. im no mechanic and to use the term modification on a form and leave it free to interpretation i beleive is wrong.

how should i go about with my lawyer on this? i know im not in the US but i still want to hear your views, thanks alot and god bless

seniorjudge

loch said:
What is the name of your state? Barbados, West Indies

this is a general question since i know your mostly USA Related but any help would be appreciated.

I was involved in an accident which totalled about 6000 us dollars and made a claim to my insurance company on it, a guy admittedly fell asleep at the wheel and rammed the side of my car.

my insurance is refusing to settle the claim and has gone as far as cancelling my insurance, as a result im left to face the bill on my own, they are saying that on my insurance form it asked if my engine was modified and i stated NO but on inspection they found an Aftermarket Intake system or Cold Air intake, which was on the car at the time of insurance. at the time of insurance i thought modified included Engine mods internal to the engine like cams, pistons, rods and even force induction, but they are claiming that my intake which sits behind the headlamp is an engine modification.
this insurance company was free to inspect what they were insuring but made no attempt to at the time. im no mechanic and to use the term modification on a form and leave it free to interpretation i beleive is wrong.

how should i go about with my lawyer on this? i know im not in the US but i still want to hear your views, thanks alot and god bless
Q: how should i go about with my lawyer on this? i know im not in the US but i still want to hear your views, thanks alot and god bless

A: Then stop ten people at random on the street and ask your questions. Those answers will be as good as any guesses we make here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">